1. Muhammad Shakir, Yulin zhan, Zheng Niu, Li Wang and Pengyu Hao, * “Analyzing the Sensitivity of Crops Classification Accuracy Based on MODIS EVI Time Series and History Ground Reference Data” Canadian Journal of remote sensing, October 2015, DOI:10.1080/07038992.2015.1112727
2. Muhammad Shakir, Yulin zhan, Li Wang Pengyu Hao and Zheng Niu “ Major crops Classification using time series MODIS EVI with adjacent years of ground reference data in the US state of Kansas” Optik - International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, Volume 127, Issue 3, February 2016, Pages 1071–1077,
3. Muhammad Shakir, Zheng Niu, Li Wang, Abdullah ablikim Pengyu Hao and Chang yao wang, “Crop Classification Based on Time Series MODIS EVI and Ground Observation for Three Adjoining Years in Xinjiang”Guang pu 35(5):1345-50 • September 2015.
4. Kangjun, Liwang, Shakir Muhammad “Identifying crown areas in an undulating area planted with eucalyptus using unmanned aerial vehicle near-infrared imagery " Remote Sensing letters, DOI: 10.1080/2150704X.2016.1168947 Feb 2016.
5. Wu M, Muhammad Shakir, Chen F, Niu Z, and Wang C “Combining remote sensing and eddy covariance data to monitor Gross Primary Production of an estuarine wetland ecosystem in East China” Environ. Sci.: Processes Impacts 03/2015
6. Bo Yu; Li Wang; Zheng Niu; Shakir Muhammad; Xiaoqi Liu, “Constructions detection from unmanned aerial vehicle images using random forest classifier and histogram-based shape descriptor”, Journal of Applied Remote Sensing 01/2014; 8 (1): 083554
7. Qiao Hailang, Shakir Muhammad, Wang Li, Kang Jun, “Classification of small-scale eucalyptus plantations based on NDVI time series obtained from multiple high-resolution datasets”, Remote Sensing (accepted on 25th Jan 2016).
8. Wang Li, Zheng Niu, Cheng Wang, Wenjiang Huang, Hanyue Chen, Shuai Gao, Dong Li, and Shakir Muhammad, “Combined Use of Airborne LiDAR and Satellite GF-1 Data to Estimate Leaf Area Index, Height, and Aboveground Biomass of Maize During Peak Growing Season” IEEE Journal of selected topics in applied earth observations and remote sensing, 8, 9, September 2015.
9. Pengyu Hao, Yulin Zhan, Li wang, Zheng Niu and Shakir Muhammad, “Feature Selection of Time Series MODIS Data for Early Crop Classification Using Random Forest: A Case Study in Kansas, USA” Remote sensing 7(5) 2015.
10. Wang li, Zheng Niu, Xinlian liang, Zengyuan li, Ni Huang, Shuai Gao, Cheng Wang, and Shakir Muhammad, “Geostatistical Modeling Using LiDAR-derived Prior Knowledge with SPOT-6 Data to Estimate Temperate Forest Canopy Cover and Above-ground Biomass via Stratified Random Sampling”, International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation (JAG-D-14-00199R2) 28/04/2015.
11. Bo Yu, Li Wang, Zheng Niu, and Shakir Muhammad, “An Effective Morphological Index in Automatic Recognition of Built-up Area Suitable for High Spatial Resolution Images as ALOS and SPOT Data” Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing, 80(05): 529-536.
12. Wang li, Zheng Niu, Xinlian liang, Zengyuan li, Ni Huang, Shuai Gao, Cheng Wang, and Shakir Muhammad, “ Upscaling coniferous forest aboveground biomass based on airborne LiDAR and satellite ALOS PALSAR data ”, Journal of Applied remote sensing, 10(4), 046003 (Oct 17, 2016). doi:10.1117/1.JRS.10.046003.
13. Bo Yu, Fang Chen, Shakir Muhammad and Zeeshan Shirazi“Factor Rankings in Influencing Spatial Pattern of Global Net Primary Production from 2005 to 2011”, Canadian Journal of Remote Sensing, page 1-7, 07 February 2017. Doi: dx.doi.org/10.1080/07038992.2017.1291337.
14. Bo Yu, Fang Chen and Shakir Muhammad “A simple but effective landslide detection method based on image saliency, a case study of Nepal, Photogrammetric engineering and Remote sensing.volume 83, issue 05, May 2017, pp 351-363.
15. Zahir Ali, Shakir Muhammad, “Implementing GIS-based Cadastral and Land Information System in Pakistan”, Journal of Settlements and Spatial Planning 01/2013; 3:43 – 49.
16. Shakir Muhammad, Zahir Ali, and Naveed Alam, “Developing a model for locating suitable school sites using Multi-criteria decision analysis and geographic information system techniques (A case study in Swabi district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province)” presented in 2nd international conference on Aerospace sciences and engineering (ICASE) Islamabad 29th December 2011